|Subject:||Re: [TowerTalk] PL-259, good ones vs. bad ones|
|From:||Chuck Sudds <firstname.lastname@example.org>|
|Date:||Sun, 02 May 2004 15:39:06 -0500|
On Sun, 02 May 2004 00:14:18 -0700, Bill wrote:
Part of what you say is true, Bill. I have been raising parrots for 20 years and while the overheated Teflon pans have not proven toxic (so far) to humans, I can assure you that they are DEADLY when overheated for parrots and parrot-type birds. This goes for Silverstone and all other "non-stick" cookware that's on the market today. Some now even carry a warning verifying this, due to the many birds that have lost their lives to careless humans.
When Teflon first became commercially available there were dire warnings about overheating it, saying that a toxic gas would be released. While this is no doubt true in a strict sense, the danger seems to have been greatly exaggerated. I know of no home maker who has been overwhelmed by leaving a Teflon coated pan on a hot stove. If there were such instances, I'm sure we would hear about them loud and clear. Bill, W6WRT QSLs via LoTW
See: http://www.mscomputer.com for "Self Supporting Towers", "Wireless Weather Stations", and lot's more. Call Toll Free, 1-800-333-9041 with any questions and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.
_______________________________________________ TowerTalk mailing list TowerTalk@contesting.com http://lists.contesting.com/mailman/listinfo/towertalk
|<Prev in Thread]||Current Thread||[Next in Thread>|
|Previous by Date:||[TowerTalk] FIANL annoucement for Dayton Contest Dinner 2004, Tim Duffy K3LR|
|Next by Date:||[TowerTalk] Heliax and crankup towers, DF3KV|
|Previous by Thread:||Re: [TowerTalk] PL-259, good ones vs. bad ones, Tom Rauch|
|Next by Thread:||Re: [TowerTalk] PL-259, good ones vs. bad ones, Bill Turner|
|Indexes:||[Date] [Thread] [Top] [All Lists]|