Re: [TowerTalk] Ground Rods

To: towertalk reflector <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Ground Rods
Date: Mon, 3 May 2004 05:35:05 -0700 (PDT)
Makes me wonder how the ground systems are installed
on the microwave towers, and even the Forest Service
fire towers. The ones I've seen all seem to be high on
a very rocky ridge or mountain top. I'm sure they take
a lot of lightning hits. Anyone have any info?

73, Stew K3ND

--- wrote:
> One caveat that I guess was not picked up from
> earlier postings is that the
> Frog here lives on top of an extremely rocky ridge.
> When they came out to drill
> the well the driller broke 3 bits before
> reaching150'. That's why I was
> curious as to whether there was any type of pwr
> equip available for rental, and if
> I could drive a sharpened piece of angle iron as a
> guide hole.
> Froggy            K8FU

Do you Yahoo!?

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.