Re: [TowerTalk] Ground Rods

To: <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Ground Rods
From: Bill Turner <>
Date: Tue, 04 May 2004 08:07:12 -0700
On Mon, 3 May 2004 18:38:26 -0600, Grillo's wrote:

>One of the calculations I was looking at can drop impedance from 300 down to 5
>ohms with using only 4 of these rods.

Does it really matter to a multi-million volt lightning strike whether
the ground is 300 ohms or five?  The difference would seem to be

This reminds me of the school of thought that says the connection to
your ground rods must be tight.  As if lightning, having traveled
thousands of feet through the air, is going to be stopped by a gap of a
few thousands of an inch.

Bill, W6WRT
QSLs via LoTW

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.