[TowerTalk] SteppIR a bargain?

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] SteppIR a bargain?
From: "Mel Martin" <>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 10:07:32 -0400
I don't use a steppIR here (yet) and I can never see it being my primary
antenna... just don't trust it's complexity... but I don't see cost as being
an issue. Any solution that gives good performance on all bands 6 thru 20
including WARC is expensive. Compared to the cost incurred due to mechanical
requirements of stacking antennas (a log or forward stagger yagi won't give
the same performance without a very, very long boom), it looks like a
bargain to me! Go for the 3 element... unless you are a serious contester
looking for every fractional db, you'll never notice the slight extra gain
of the 4 el.

>it certainly looks like the best possible choice for my implementation --
except for the cost.

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.