[TowerTalk] Re: [Force 12 Talk]LMR 400 connectors was ideas needed, plea

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: [Force 12 Talk]LMR 400 connectors was ideas needed, please
From: Jim Smith <jimsmith@shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 22:55:33 -0700
Thanks Charlie,

I feel better now.

1 day, 10 hrs, 5 min to Florida QSO Party - OJ

73 de Jim Smith VE7FO

Charles Morrison wrote:

Jim,

I had no problem soldering regular PL's onto LMR-400.  In fact, you have to
be EXTREMELY careful with the crimp ons, because there are differences and
they're very slight.  Nick K5QXJ former owner of Datacom here in Lafayette
gave me several hundred foot spools of it and had the ends crimped on for
me.  Nothing like putting a barrel on the end of its 70 feet up and having
it pull right off.  I pulled the end off in the shack first, and then the
end at the top.  Pulled all 4 runs down off the tower and changed them to
regular PL's.

Charlie
KI5XP