Re: [TowerTalk] Trams and trolleys

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Trams and trolleys
Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 19:52:05 EDT

> I've used a dual tram arrangement for the last 14 years raising beams a
>  large as a Telerex 40M346, 3 element full size 40 on a 46 foot boom
>  177 lbs.  Details are on my web site at:  Click on
>  Dual Tram link on the left nav-bar.

    Interesting. First, what you have is a trolley; like a trolley car that
goes down 2 tracks. The load is above the 2 tracks. A tram OTOH is a single
line where the load is suspended under the tramline.

    I use the tram method about 90% of the time because it's much less
complicated than a trolley system, is easier and faster to rig, and does a
great job
of getting yagis up and down. I even use it to get HF yagis - including 40M
beams - in trees.

    For me there is too much friction and rigging involved with a trolley
system but it looks like yours works for you.

Steve    K7LXC

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.