[TowerTalk] Moxon and Yagi on same boom

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Moxon and Yagi on same boom
From: Simon Martin <>
Date: Fri, 07 May 2004 13:27:02 +0700

I have to take down a 2 element 20 metre yagi tomorrow for repair and am wondering if whilst it is down I can interlace my 2 element 17 metre Moxon rectangle on the same boom inside the Yagi. The Yagi is a homebrew based upon a design from the pages of Mr L.B. Cebik - it utilises a near twelve foot boom giving a feed impedance of around 50 ohms. The Moxon design is from the same web site again giving a near 50 ohm feedpoint with a boom fo 7.5 feet.

My question is this: is it possible to interlace the two either:

1. Feeding the 20 metre Yagi driven element directly and using open sleeve coupling to feed the Moxon (Moxon driven element NOT split for this) - I know there will involve some trial and error to arrive at the exact spacing required for optimal coupling to take place.

2. Or using a separate feedline for the "caged" Moxon

I would appreciate any advice as to the feasibility of the above.

Many thanks,