Re: [TowerTalk] 4 Square phase line length question

To: "Jim Lux" <jimlux@earthlink.net>, "Dan Levin" <dan@andlev.com>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 4 Square phase line length question
From: "Tom Rauch" <w8ji@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 8 May 2004 22:23:09 -0400
> Here's the interesting thing..I assume you're using some
scheme where you
> use 1/4 wavelength lines for current forcing, right? so
the element current
> will be what it should be, regardless of the element
impedance.  The
> mismatch at the feed eventually winds up back at the
hybrid/phasing network,
> where you can take it out by changing the L or C of the
phasing network (or,
> just ignore it, and take it out at the array feed point).

Forcing equal currents requires equal input voltages and
correct input voltage phase. 1/4 wl away that becomes equal
currents and with correct current phase.

The hybrid does NOT provide equal voltages at the output
ports, and it requires matched loads for predicted phase.

Fortunately the 4 square is somewhat forgiving of errors.

73 Tom