[TowerTalk] Texas Tower (Irving, TX) Aluminum Tower info

Subject: [TowerTalk] Texas Tower (Irving, TX) Aluminum Tower info
From: Mahlon Haunschild <>
Date: Sun, 09 May 2004 14:43:05 -0500
Hello, list.

Have recently acquired quite a bit of Texas Tower Mfg. (in Irving, TX not Richardson) 10" face aluminum tower. Construction method used for this is:

- Legs:  1" x 1" aluminum angle stock
- Braces:  Stamped/punched out of 18 ga. aluminum & riveted to legs

Apparently I'm not the only one who's seen this stuff, since there's at least one other posting in the archives referring to this tower product line. What I would like to know, for this tower design, is:

-  How were the sections joined?
-  How were guys attached?
-  What was used to mount it?  Hinge base?  J-bolts?  What?

This stuff is far too light to use as a real tower (and there's no way I'm going to climb it) but it's gonna make a dandy wire antenna support & maybe even a 1/4 wave vertical if I can ever figure out how to get it together.

Would appreciate any/all info. Thanks.

Mahlon - K4OQ