[TowerTalk] Rural Housetop deployment methods?

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rural Housetop deployment methods?
From: "Lance Peterson" <>
Date: Sun, 9 May 2004 22:49:08 -0500
I'm deploying an antenna on my residential rooftop for 2.4GHz wireless for a
community LAN and I was wondering the best way to get 20' high with no guy
wires.  Currently I am using a 3ft tripod with a 1.5 OD 10' piece of heavy wall
conduit...very rigid and withstood a heck of a windstorm yesterday, but not
quite high enough.  Loading is minimal with one radio and a 70" antenna on top.
 What supports and materials would be best for this application.  I was really
hoping there was a 20' mast I could use that would fit in my current roof
tripod that accepts 2"OD max.

If I have to, I could settle for 15'...

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.