[TowerTalk] YOed older 4 el 20 meter CC Skywalkers

Subject: [TowerTalk] YOed older 4 el 20 meter CC Skywalkers
From: Bill Tippett <>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 07:58:08 -0400
WE2F wrote:
I presently have three 4 element 20 meter Skywalkers assembled and waiting to go up and I was wondering if anyone has optimized these antennas? They will be stacked 32/62/102.

        John, I would be suspect of stacking 3 20m antennas so closely.  You
might actually be better off with only two antennas at 50' and 100'.  This is
a perfect example of where little time modeling may be worthwhile before you
actually put any antennas up.  BTW, the 20-4CD is included in YO7's database.
The single Yagi model doesn't look too bad but it will definitely change when
stacked.  The more important question is what stack spacing you should use and
whether you are better off with 2 antennas instead of 3.  Modeling will answer
these questions for you.

73, Bill W4ZV