Re: [TowerTalk] Rural Housetop deployment methods?

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Rural Housetop deployment methods?
From: W0UN -- John Brosnahan <shr@swtexas.net>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 12:59:51 -0500

It's welded and very strong. At least the stuff I've purchased has been.

Much of the top rail for chain link fencing MAY be welded. But I have installed some that was NOT. It LOOKED OK at first glance but upon close inspection it was rolled and then hot-dipped galvanized. The zinc gave it the "appearance" of pipe. But it was not structural. Under relatively small loads it would split along the seam.

Just a word of caution about chain link fence rail.   Not to mention
that water pipe is NOT a structural element and you will not find
structural specs on it other than burst strength.

Nothing beats doing the engineering and selecting the proper material.

--John W0UN
---