Re: [TowerTalk] Adjusting SWR

To: <kenneth.lowrey@wright.edu>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Adjusting SWR
From: "Jim Lux" <jimlux@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 07:04:21 -0700
since you're going to be mounting the antenna next to a "big metal thing"
when in use, one would want to adjust it in a similar configuration.  Is the
vertical a ground plane or a multiple dipole co-linear array?  In either
case, you'd want to bolt the antenna to your tower a few feet (say, 6?) off
the ground (far enough that the ground is more than 1 wavelength away) and
so that there aren't any other "big metal things" within a few wavelengths.