[TowerTalk] Something only a ham would do

Subject: [TowerTalk] Something only a ham would do
From: "Barry " <>
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 20:54:15 -0000
I have a ceiling fan in which the flywheel broke.  Unfortunately,
the 12 ft step ladder wouldn't reach the mounting, as this fan is
installed in a room with a 22 ft ceiling.  So what did I do?  Get the
extension ladder and bungie cord it to the step ladder.  It's a
strange feeling climbing an extension ladder that's not leaning
against something at the top :.)  I got the fan down OK.  Hopefully
it will go back up as uneventfully later this week.  Pic of the set
up at

BTW, as I got above the step ladder, the whole thing did start to tip
forward, so my wife was standing on the bottom rung, to hold it in
Barry W2UP
Barry Kutner, W2UP              Internet:

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.