[TowerTalk] Overlapping Radials

To: "(Reflector) TowerTalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Overlapping Radials
From: "Jerry Keller" <k3bz@arrl.net>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 23:28:27 -0400
In answer to my earlier inquiry, the majority advice seems to be that #24 bare
copper wire is too light to make a good set of on-the-ground radials from, not
for electrical or RF reasons, but rather because they would be too fragile.
Thanks to all that responded... much appreciated.

My plans for an inverted ell for 160M and a 1/4 wave vertical for 40M include
radial systems that will overlap and that will also cross over the ground
system for my tower. My inclination is to connect them all together where they
cross each other. Is there any advantage or disadvantage to connecting the two
radial systems where they intersect, and/or connecting them to the tower ground
system?

73,  Jerry K3BZ