Re: [TowerTalk] Broken elements

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Broken elements
From: Doug Renwick <>
Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 19:25:40 -0600
One other thing to keep in mind is that the problem could be just antenna design that has the problem...all the other Force-12 designs
may not have the problem.

WD4K wrote:

Without starting the dreaded rivets/aircraft/antenna debate again, something
should be said about constructing antennas with rivets. Case in point I have
in the air now 46 Force 12 elements, 3-C31XR's, Mag340N, 180B. A couple of
the C31's have been up, down, disassembled, reassembled at a different
qth--ie: a LOT of chance for poor assembly and screwed up rivet holes.
However, I have never ever had a broken tip, wallowed out holes or any other
problems with these antennas or their durability. None...

Doug Renwick VA5DX
PO Box 50, Clavet, Saskatchewan, Canada S0K 0Y0
First VE5 9BDXCC
What profit it a ham if he gains all the awards yet forfeits his soul?
I'll run the race and I will never be the same again.