Re: [TowerTalk] wire for radials

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] wire for radials
From: K4SB <>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 18:32:45 +0000
Jon Zaimes AA1K wrote:
> I buried each radial by stretching it taught and then cutting a slit
> alongside, an inch or so deep, with a spade, then went along with a
> screwdriver and pushed the wire into the slit.

Just thought that I would pass along another good method. If you have
a lawn edger, then you can rotate the safety housing so that the blade
will dig about a 2" slit in the ground. Of course, you have to replace
the curved blade it comes with a straight blade.

I've used everything from an old lawnmower blade to junk iron to
aluminium plate. Currently using the aluminium plate, 2" wide by 1/4"

If you string the radial out above ground, it makes a nice guide as
you chug along.

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.