Re: [TowerTalk] Class 2 and Class 7 Poles

To: "towertalk reflector" <>,"W0UN -- John Brosnahan" <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Class 2 and Class 7 Poles
From: "Chuck O'Neal" <>
Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 18:52:46 -0400
Interesting.  Years ago (25 or more)  I did some antenna
work for a friend who had pole mounted yagis.  I found it
far more tiresome to climb the pole and work on the
antennas!  After that experience, I would not consider one
unless it was mounted with a pulley and used only as end
support for wire antennas!  Yes, I was replacing lots of
broken things that vibrated apart and fatigued, including
antenna elements.  I remember while climbing it and when
working at the top it had a resonant frequency when I hit it
hard.  I also remember that it torqued more than a guyed
tower when the wind hit the antennas.