[TowerTalk] Cable entrance - Microflect

Subject: [TowerTalk] Cable entrance - Microflect
From: John Lloyd <>
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 17:27:06 -0600

Have you looked at what Valmont Pirod Microflect offers? They have a
rubber cushion where you have one 4" hole that will enter 4 each 7/8'
Heliax cables. Entry panels are available with multiple holes.

Their web site is:

Entry panels:

Andrew also sells the same items under their name.

John Lloyd, K7JL

Message: 2
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 20:16:51 -0400
From: rk <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Cable entrance
To: w7xu <>
Cc: Reflector Towertalk <>

Go read up on bulkhead panels with rubber boots...Polyphaser, Andrews,

w7xu wrote:
> Any suggestions on routing Heliax through an outside wall?  I'm
> putting up a building that will be the new home for my radio station
> and will need to bring about 10 runs of Heliax (7/8" to 1-5/8") and
> a few runs of regular coax through the wall.  In the past I've put a
> few runs of Heliax through a section of large diameter PVC that passed

> through the wall, but I'd like something better this time around.
> If I run the cables through a metal bulkhead, how do I make the
> installation waterproof?  (I've heard of "boots" made for weather-
> proofing commercial installations but I've never seen them available
> surplus).
> Thanks & 73,
> Arliss  W7XU

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.