[TowerTalk] RE: Tower Anti-Seize

Subject: [TowerTalk] RE: Tower Anti-Seize
From: "Mark ." <>
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 11:17:46 -0400
<<I'm planning to erect a 70 foot tower from sections of Rohn 25. I'm seeking
input on what to use on tower joints to help prevent seizing at the joints.
Thank you in advance for anyone's input. Jim KB0X >>

Hi Jim,

I used a zinc-filled anti-seize paste (silver color) from an auto-parts store. Zinc matches the electrical properties of the tower's galvanizing (which is zinc) nicely. I would not use a copper-filled paste, as copper on zinc will definitely set up some corrosion once the carrier grease begins to dry out.

Sorry, but I don't have a specific brand and part number.

Is your PC infected? Get a FREE online computer virus scan from McAfee® Security.