Re: [TowerTalk] Tower safety gear

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower safety gear
From: Steve Maki <>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 12:00:02 -0400
>This discussion arose because somebody suggested buying "a simple belt
>at a local lineman shop."
>But it sounds as though such things are now illegal. Or is it another of
>these idiotic cases where things are illegal to use but not illegal to sell?
>Alan AB2OS

Technically, waist belts are not illegal to use, as long as you
ALSO have a full body harness on. Some lightweight harnesses do
not have positioning D rings, so used with a favorite lightweight
positioning belt, the combo might make some sense in certain cases.

Also, I believe that there are legitimate uses for a lineman's
belt by itself, (such as rooftops) IF your 'fall prevention'
system is rigged so that a 'fall restraint' is not needed.

Steve K8LX

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.