Re: [TowerTalk] Belts/Harness legality

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Belts/Harness legality
From: Blake Bowers <>
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 15:05:19 -0500

> While I agree that a properly outfitted harness/fall arrest system is the
way to go, I'd
> suspect
> that the vast majority of hams use a belt sytem only.   This may or may
not make sense if
> you're climbing a tower once  in a blue moon.... the risk/reward depends
on the individual
> situation.

Sure, makes sense.  No need to do it as well as the better trained,
better qualifed professionals, seeing as you only do it once a year.

With that kind of logic, why wear a belt at all?  Rope!  Tie off with
a hunk of clothesline, wrapped around your waist a bunch of times.

Won't slip through that!

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.