[TowerTalk] Using older rotor cable?

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Using older rotor cable?
From: "Lou Laderman" <>
Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 10:12:17 -0500
I'm refitting my rotor, and have rotor cable that's 18 years old but
seems to work just fine. The "outside" run looks to be in good shape (a
bit "dirty gray" in color, otherwise it appears sound), and I'm
contemplating just reusing it to avoid the expense of new cable and
running a replacement line (about 150'). Coax should be replaced over
time due to UV and weather issues, but what about rotor cable? Any
thoughts if I should I replace the cable or can safely reuse it?

Lou, KB0CJ

Louis N. Laderman
Office Email:

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.