Re: [TowerTalk] Using older rotor cable?

To: "Tower (K8RI)" <>,"Bernard(wtrone)" <>, <>,<>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Using older rotor cable?
From: Pete Smith <>
Date: Sat, 29 May 2004 15:50:56 -0400
At 03:23 PM 5/29/2004, Tower (K8RI) wrote:
Do I advocate scrimping on rotor cable? No.  If you have the time (and
money) I'd put in all new *quality* cable.  When I put up the new tower I
put in all new cables including 6 228 foot runs of LMR 400, two rotor cables
(one for the rotor and one for the remote antenna switch) and two RG-6 runs
for the TV antennas.

You can, however, save quite a lot by using CAT 3 network cable (8 conductors) instead of rotator cable for most remote antenna switches. The voltage drop is trivial for even a 200-foot run like I have.

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database
was updated on April 26, 2004
2706 contest stations at