[TowerTalk] Yaesu Rotor Interface

Subject: [TowerTalk] Yaesu Rotor Interface
From: Martin Ewing <>
Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 14:49:05 -0400
Dear Gurus,

I'm thinking of ordering a Yaesu G-1000DXA rotor, and I see that its
GS-232A "computer interface" is a $800+ (list) unit that does not seem
to be widely available.  Oh my.  Most of that is a simple A/D
converter.  Does anyone have a tip on a cost-effective PC solution?  A
PIC chip with its 8-bit A/D has most of what you'd need, although a
10-bit A/D would be better.

What do people do for real-life PC-to-rotor applications?  Do any rotors
come with digital shaft encoders?

73, Martin