Re: [TowerTalk] A3S 20 Meter troubles

To: Tom Hellem <k0sn@centurytel.net>, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] A3S 20 Meter troubles
From: jtuel@everestkc.net
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2004 09:13:43 -0500
I think that's what I'm going to have to do... I climbed the tower yesterday
and pulled the driven element level to the ground (It was a little off) and
water came out of the traps... That solved the SWR problmes however the RX on
20 is still about the same as the dipole...  In messing with the driven
element, I moved the boom a little so now the reflector and director are not
level with the ground... So... I'll have to take it down to make the elemnts
level again... Everything seemed very clean when I put the thing together...
and now that the SWR is flat on all three bands, I'm wondering why 20m is still
sounding only as good as the dipole...

Any Ideas?
Thanks,
Josh - KB0GUS