Re: [TowerTalk] poor man's substitute for LMR-400?

To: towertalk reflector <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] poor man's substitute for LMR-400?
From: Alan AB2OS <>
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2004 15:02:07 -0400
Others have expressed their opinion of the particular cable you mentioned.

I had noted that many reviewers at rated the cable from Davis RF highly, but I haven't used it myself -- don't have my tower up yet.

Alan AB2OS

On 06/01/04 12:29 pm Dave NØRQ put fingers to keyboard and launched the following message into cyberspace:

Anyone have knowledge of CommScope coax, made in USA?

It is being sold for about $260 for a 1000' spool by .
Specs are at:$FILE/2427K.pdf?openElement
and are not as good as LMR-400, but it seems pretty close.

Color is white, not black.  UV issues?
Pictures at .
What is wise advice?  Avoid completely?  Or OK for the lower bands (40/80/160)?
 A worthy choice for any HF because it is cheap?