[TowerTalk] Hy-gain Hy-tower tuning on 15 Meters

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Hy-gain Hy-tower tuning on 15 Meters
From: "Gregg E. Salomone" <>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2004 16:05:30 -0500
I purchased a new hy-tower six months ago and am having difficulty with the 15
meter portion tuning the swr. I have followed the instructions to the letter
and cannot get the swr down below 2.5:1 at best. I have 35 six gauge stranded
radials buried in a 270 degree pattern.
The remaining bands are ok.
Is there a correlation to the radials or does anyone have similar commented
about this same problem. I know that there could be many factors but I consider
myself pretty knowledgeable about antenna construction and am puzzled with this
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
73 & thanks
Gregg N9NY

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.