Re: [TowerTalk] New Zoning Regulations

To: "Mike Mattes" <rfman45@hotmail.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] New Zoning Regulations
From: "Gene Smar" <ersmar@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2004 13:36:26 -0400
Mike:

     I erected my tower in 2001 after I guessed (correctly) that the local
county bureaucrats would eventually tighten up on the engineering
requirements for such structures.  Pulling a permit for my tower was pretty
easy and painless, as were the two construction inpsections required to get
a final approval on the structure.  Now, it is my understanding that
following UBC regulations regarding minimum wind resistance and an
engineer's wet stamp are required for the same type of structures.

      I would agree that getting a move-on would be smart in your tower's
case.  Good luck.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F