[TowerTalk] Aircraft cable

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Aircraft cable
From: "Don Flenner" <>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 2004 10:25:54 -0400
I have an old Wilson tower, believe the model number is an MT-61. The steel
cables that raise and lower the two tubular sections of the tower are in
need of replacement. The current US tower model MA-550 is very close to the
old Wilson design, if not a clone. Can someone tell me a good source for the
aircraft cable sold by the foot. I need two lengths of about 40 to 50 feet.
I think the current cable is 3/16, should I increase the size? What would
you recommend?

Thanks in advance for you comments.

Don, W4YCH
e-mail scanned by Norton Anti-Virus 2004

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.