[TowerTalk] antenna magic

To: "Towertalk" <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] antenna magic
From: "Jim Jarvis" <>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 14:22:43 -0000
Quoth the press release:

"The distributed- load, monopole antennas are smaller, produce high
efficiency, and retain good to excellent bandwidth. And they have multiple

Most of the applications discussed seemed to apply to vhf/uhf/shf
spectrum.   I have a call in to Rob Vincent now.  It'll be interesting
to see if he calls back, and how his work differs from an ordinary,
shortened, loaded monopole.   A hamstick, after all, is a distributed load
monopole.  He's only claiming doubled range...and raising base impedance
by a factor of 2 to 4 would do that, working against a lousy ground plane.

Most interested to see what Vincent has to say, versus our speculations.

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.