Re: [TowerTalk] bandwidth vs efficiency

To: "Tom Rauch" <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] bandwidth vs efficiency
From: "Rick Karlquist" <>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 12:14:41 -0700 (PDT)
Tom Rauch said:
> If I add a large hat so as to
> reduce inductance by three-fold, bandwidth is roughly three
> times larger. This can occur even while efficiency increases
> near a very lossy media.
> 73 Tom

You've explained the electrical design well.  Now the mechanical aspect:
How do you keep the large hat from breaking off when
it hooks low hanging tree branches?  I'm afraid to use
anything but a CB whip, which harmlessly bends away
from the tree.  Is there a tree proof top hat implementation?

Rick N6RK

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.