Re: [TowerTalk] Magic?

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Magic?
From: Pete Smith <>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 2004 07:05:38 -0400
At 10:01 PM 6/8/2004, wrote:

All  of this banter reminds me of an old study we USAF
guys paid for at Syracuse University years ago.  It was
about a principle called the "Chu Limit".  Mathematically,
we reverified that within a confined volume there was a
limit to what one could do with an antenna.

New configurations, yes.  Significant improvement in
performance, I would vote, "NO".

Googling "Chu Limit" produced a lot of interesting references, for those who are interested. Several, at least, seem to be from serious, peer-reviewed journals. To my non-scientific eye, they tend to support TANSTAAFL.

73, Pete N4ZR
The World HF Contest Station Database
was updated on June 5, 2004
2728 contest stations at