Re: [TowerTalk] sealing connectors

To: <>, <>, <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] sealing connectors
From: "Tom Rauch" <>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 18:19:35 -0400
>     Sure - skip the plastic coating. It's been my
experience that even the
> ones that say they're UV resistant AREN'T - they dry out
and flake off in spite
> of the manufacturing claims.

Another issue is sealing. If you do an almost perfect seal,
water can sometimes get in and not out.

I prefer to NOT seal the lower areas of my connectors. When
I do seal one (say it is directly exposed to rain and I want
it to last), I use coax seal so I can get the thing off
without major work.

Rubber tape is a good idea. Regular good quality tape works
also. I just prefer to be able to remove my connectors
without a knife. With that mindset, I'd never coat my

73 Tom

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.