Re: [TowerTalk] 80 4-square inside a 160 4-square? Pros andConsplease!

To: "Jim Lux" <>, <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 80 4-square inside a 160 4-square? Pros andConsplease!
From: "Tom Rauch" <>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 10:49:04 -0400
> The band splitter only has to be phase stable and have
good isolation.  I
> agree that this is a significant challenge, but, it's a
> different challenge than erecting 4 additional towers and
dealing with the
> mutual interactions, which would still exist in the "two
> simultaneously" concept.

Two arrays (one inside the other and **both being used at
the same time**) is by far the simplest system, but is
complex enough to dissuade almost anyone from trying it.

Four elements on two bands is a good for three or four long
and complicated chapters in a major array design

Since the person planning this has given up due to the
complexity, I'm doing likewise. No need to beat a dead

73 Tom

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.