[TowerTalk] Alfa Spid Rotator

Subject: [TowerTalk] Alfa Spid Rotator
From: "Howard Klein" <>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 15:11:04 +0000
Alan wrote: So you are saying that running the coax down through the mast and
rotator doesn't really allow one to dispense with a rotor loop?

That was another of the things I liked about the AlfaSpid -- although,
if I am reading their online info. correctly, these things are
significantly more expensive than I thought: exchange rate problem?

Alan AB2OS

I have been using two AlfaSpid rotators for several months and have found them flawless. They turn my 4 el SteppIR''s in all the the wind we have here with no complaint, they stop where you want them, they are easily reset to North (or wherever you want). No brake to worry about and an accurate digital readout. Presets are possible, control from a logging program (TRXManager in my case), limits easily set, etc. The price is quite competitive for rotators in this class. I think it appears obvious I am extremely pleased with these rotators. If you have specific questions I can answer please contact me.
The usual disclaimer my only interest is as a satisfied user.