RE: [TowerTalk] Anti-climb measures

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] Anti-climb measures
From: "Dale Martin" <kg5u@hal-pc.org>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 11:57:45 -0500

> How about three six foot high by 48" chain link fence gates in a triangle
> around the base held together with appropriate off-the-shelf chain link
> hardware? Under 100 bucks I'd guess.

hmmm...
I'm not so sure I would that.  No fall arrest/climbing system is infallible.
No matter how careful I am on the tower, the risk of falling always exists,
whether from 3', 10', or 70', it still exists.

Not all falls are fatal; some are survivable.  I wouldn't put up anything at
the base (fall zone) of my tower that might reduce my chances of surviving a
fall or cause additional injury.

73,
dale, kg5u