[TowerTalk] Rain-proofing Polyphaser Arrestors

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rain-proofing Polyphaser Arrestors
From: "Tom Hybiske" <>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 23:02:38 -0400
I'm in the process of installing a number of Polyphaser IS-B50 arrestors on a
.120" thick copper bulkhead plate. The plate is mounted over an 8" core hole in
my foundation wall through which will pass all of my coax.  Due to the N
male/female connector configuration on IS-B50 device, I believe they all must
be mounted on the outside of the plate rather than behind the plate and out of
the weather.  My question is whether anyone has a fool proof, homebrew method
of waterproofing besides a thorough coating of RTV.  There appears to be a
waterproofing kit available from Polyphaser, but I have no idea what the kits
includes.  Also, has anyone tried swapping the connectors so the "antenna" end
is male and the "equipment" end is female?

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.