[TowerTalk] 300ohm line for field day

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 300ohm line for field day
From: "Michael J. Castellano" <>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 2004 11:05:54 -0400

I wouldnt get into all the academics of modeling a dipole.  If its for Field
Day, the basic idea is to get a station on the air.

I would simply cut a half wave dipole, feed it with the open wire line and use
a balun/tuner where necessary.

Any differences found in modeling would be lost in the field installation

Good luck and seeya on FD

Mike KM1R

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.