[TowerTalk] RE: Antenna Separation

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] RE: Antenna Separation
From: "Carrington, Walter" <>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 21:10:24 -0400
>How close can you mount VHF/UHF antennas without a serious negative impact?
>Assume (for example) that I want to put the following antennas on one mast:
>   1) HF Yagi
>   2) 6m Yagi
>   3) 144MHz Yagi
>   5) 432MHz Yagi
>   6) 1.2GHz Yagi
One way to approach this is to look at what successful VHF contest rovers do.
They place the antennas very close to each other sometimes inches.    <>   has pictures of several rovers   has done modeling of closely spaced stacks.
Some successful vhf fixed contesters also have fairly closely spaced stacks of
For EME,  every fraction of a db counts and the above may not be good enough.
Walter, K1CMF,  Ashburnham, MA  FN42bq

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.