Subject: [TowerTalk] HF6V Coil?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Subject: [TowerTalk] HF6V Coil?
From: <Robert_Redoutey@Dell.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 11:19:03 -0500
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2004 17:42:02 -0400
From: Chris Hurlbut <c_hurlbut@adelphia.net>
To: towertalk@contesting.com

Hello,
The University of Idaho ARC (W7UQ) is gearing up for FD, and we have an old
HF6V we pulled out of the bowels of our club's back room.  We seem to be
missing only one piece, and that's the bottom loading coil. (Q in the
instructions).  We found a coil in the shack that looks similar, but was
obviously the wrong one after hooking it up.

Does anyone have an HF6V that is willing to send us the dimensions of that
bottom coil?  How many turns, diameter, height etc?  That way we can make our
own pretty easily.

Thanks!!

-Chris KL9A

Chris,

I have one sitting in the garage and can give you measurements as well as a
photo if you like. Let me know.

73,

Bob Redoutey - N5KF
PG Regulatory Engineering