[TowerTalk] CAT 5 as Rotator cable

To: <>
Subject: [TowerTalk] CAT 5 as Rotator cable
From: "Martin Sole" <>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 06:41:15 +0700
The hole is dug, the tower will be up in, I hope, a matter of weeks, the
store room has been inventoried and normal service will be resumed soon.
Amongst all the 'stuff' I have a 100 metre drum of bright red CAT5 cable.
What I don't have is anything really suitable to connect my Yaesu G800SDX to
its' control box.

Question. Will CAT5 do the job?

Distance is about 55 metres, say 180 feet.

I would use one pair each for the motor winding and three separate wires for
the direction pot, shield would be bonded to the tower and ground system.

Martin, HS0ZED

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.