RE: [TowerTalk] Re: Do you tell them?

Subject: RE: [TowerTalk] Re: Do you tell them?
From: Michael Hatzakis K3MH <>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2004 12:10:01 -0700 (PDT)
<<No permit

Don't leave any room for surprises.  New neighbor
moves who hates antennas?  A peice of your antenna
comes down and damages your house or your neighbors,
what do you tell your insurance?  City adopts a new
ordinance on towers?  all these issues would keep me
up at night.

>Do you tell your neighbors that you are going to put
up a tower, or do you
just do it?<

Never told my neighbors.  Slowly told them more as I
ran into them on the street and was nice to them.
Frankly, without a CC&R or intervening ordinance, it's
really not their business.  After my MA550 base was
dug I walked over to a neighor who I had a good
relationship with.  I asked him if he saw any problems
with putting up a tower where it was; he replied "if
you've got a permit for it, it's your property, it's
your business what you do with your property".  He
went on, "besides, it looks a lot nicer than that ugly
dipole you up there before...!"  I am sure he regreted
that statement when my satellite array when up..!!!

Michael Hatzakis, Jr MD
Physiatrist, Treating Individuals with Neuromuscular Disabilities
Consultant, Information Technology Based Health Care Solutions

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.