[TowerTalk] Velocity Factor of Insulated Wire

Subject: [TowerTalk] Velocity Factor of Insulated Wire
From: Roger Parsons <>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 14:46:32 +0100 (BST)
I tried to send this directly to Bill, but got
bounced, so please excuse the bandwidth here.

The real answer is between about 1% and 7% depending
on all sorts of things. That can really make quite a

Help is available on the W4RNL antenna site. If you go
there and search you will find that LB has a formula
into which you can plug your particular parameters.

I got very interested in this fairly recently when I
was making the parasitic elements for my (nearly
ready) W4RNL 7-element parasitic array, where the
lengths become quite critical, and every change
involves paying a brave, strong, insured guy to climb
up the tower!

73 Roger