Re: [TowerTalk] HF LOG-PERIODIC ANTENNAS Comments Please

To: "Jim Lux" <>,"Rick Bullon" <>, <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] HF LOG-PERIODIC ANTENNAS Comments Please
From: "Tom Rauch" <>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 06:53:46 -0400
> Seems to me that depending on the antenna to perform the
function of a
> preselector is sort of silly, in a no-holds-barred system

I agree a selective antenna will help a crystal set and
maybe even a really bad super-regenerative receiver design
like the Knight-kit Star Roamer, but most really serious
stations these days use superheterodynes with narrow crystal
or mechanical roofing filters.

73 Tom

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.