Re: [TowerTalk] EF-240S woes

To: <>, "Pete Smith" <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] EF-240S woes
From: "Tom Rauch" <>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 15:59:34 -0400
> lengthen the reflector, attempt to measure its resonant
frequency, and tram
> it back up.  Maybe it'll be better, and maybe it won't.
This is enough to
> make me think seriously about changing to an antenna that
isn't so prone to
> adjustment effects.  In the low-sunspot years, 40 is just
too important to
> let slide.  Does anyone have a better idea?

I rented a sign truck with a 130 ft boom and an extension to
tune my antenna. It's a modified Telrex antenna (fixed so it
doesn't break every time the wind hits 50mph).  It was only
about 400 bucks for half a day, and I had tons of work to
do. If you have a bunch of things saved up it is worth it.

73 Tom

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.