Re: [TowerTalk] Home Brew 40m "shortie"

To: <>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Home Brew 40m "shortie"
From: "David L. Thompson" <>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 22:35:58 -0400
The best shortie beam I remember was in ARRL literature in the early
70's...may still have been in the 1980 ARRL antenna book.  The  3 el shortie
that looks amazingly like the Cushcraft 2 el 40. The 3 elements were on a 36
foot boom.  The reflector/driven element spacing was 23 feet or almost
exactly the Cushcraft.  Shows the coils and cap hats too.

VE6VZ has higher Q coils on his web page too.

I asked Cushcraft why they did not make a 3 el and was told not worth the
effort over the 2 el version.

73 Dave K4JRB

and ask for Sherman, W2FLA.