Re: [TowerTalk] Home Brew 40m "shortie"

To: "David L. Thompson" <>,
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Home Brew 40m "shortie"
From: Chris Pedder <>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 08:24:12 +0000
At 02:35 25/06/2004, you wrote:
The best shortie beam I remember was in ARRL literature in the early
70's...may still have been in the 1980 ARRL antenna book.  The  3 el shortie
that looks amazingly like the Cushcraft 2 el 40. The 3 elements were on a 36
foot boom.  The reflector/driven element spacing was 23 feet or almost
exactly the Cushcraft.  Shows the coils and cap hats too.

It's certainly in the 1980 ARRL Handbook but I don't see it in the, more recent, 1984 14th Edition Antenna Book.