To: Alan AB2OS <>,
Subject: [TowerTalk] LICENSE PLATE MOUNT
From: ABowenN4OO <>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 16:20:14 -0400
At 10:54 AM 6/25/2004 -0400, Alan AB2OS wrote:
Here's one, but there may be others:

Products -> Mounts -> License Plate Mount

Alan AB2OS

On 06/25/04 10:39 am put fingers to keyboard and launched the following message into cyberspace:

I have a friend looking for a license plate antenna mount. Any Idea of a site that may have these?
Lakeview, who advertises in QST, has these at the above web site. Be aware however, that the mount does not fit all license plate mounting configurations. I have one purchased for a 2000 Honda Sedan. It had to be turned upside down because the mounting place is recessed in the trunk lid. When the antenna is mounted, it covers part of the license plate.

There is also a question of how sturdy the mounting screw receptacles are. Some vehicles use a plastic insert which is threaded by a self tapping screw. Others use a metal insert, drilled and tapped for a machine screw. The plastic insert may not be sturdy enough for the antenna load.

I concluded that one of the trunk lip mounts was more satisfactory.