[TowerTalk] Zapping of America

Subject: [TowerTalk] Zapping of America
From: Craig Clark <>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 15:35:21 -0400

I believe there was a book entitled "The Zapping of America" that espoused the idea. Still trying to figure out his agenda.. Sure has caused trouble since though.

Gil, W1RG

The book was published in the Summer of 1978 and was written by Paul Brodeur. We sold quite a few copies at Ham Radio Magazine's Bookstore that summer.

He also wrote several very long "comprehensive" articles for the New Yorker Magazine about AC power as well as RF energy and pockets of cancer.

There was a tremendous amount of work done by an ARRL study committee and a Ham Radio Magazine committee to try and quantify Brodeur's "findings."

The bottom line is neither group could corroborate Brodeur's findings.

We have talked about this before on TTalk and you'll find more in the archives.

I will say I agree with Gene Smar, radiation is a dangerous word to use with a non-technical person. Look at how we refer to the microwave "nuking" things.

I'd be very cautious as to what I say lest you stir up a hornets nest.

73, Craig Clark, K1QX

PO  BOX 209
603 899 6957